Saturday 26 June 2004

Aw, shucks, fellas

Many blogs provide links to other blogs or websites that the author likes, often described as Favourites or even Favorites. There are so many lists of this kind to be seen that I don't see much point in cluttering up my blog with another one.

However, in the last few months I have encountered a number of individuals and organisations who have demonstrated outstanding good taste and sound critical judgement when expressing their opinion of Other Men's Flowers on their websites, in comments or by email. So I feel impelled to give some recognition to this fine body of men and women by quoting extracts from their perceptive remarks (omitting the most embarrassingly fulsome) and providing links to their own oeuvres, one or two of which are really quite creditable; this is the least I can do for them.

I am devoting a page to this, which I thought of naming Panegyrics or possibly Encomia, but in the end I settled for the simple dignity of What They Say.

No comments: