Tuesday 19 April 2005

Habemus Papam

I did say that the new pope cannot possibly alliterate as well as the late PPPPP, but some friends and I have been trying to work out how we can help with suggestions. Rottweiler Ratzinger, obviously, but is he rich? rheumatic? red? rumbustious? rude? rabid? romantic? Could he be a Rollicking Reactionary? Or a Rancorous Recidivist? We simply don't have enough information yet, but we're working on it. Pity he's not Romanian and that his first name isn't Ronnie or Ricky. We must get it right - we don't want to offend the faithful.
Oh, I don't know, though.....

1 comment:

Lucky Jim said...

According to a story I heard on the radio yesterday, the Italians have been referring to the new Pope as "Papa Razzi". I would imagine that Benedict XVI prefers that to "Former Hitler Youth Member".